Carlsbad, CA – September 8, 2022 – Palomar Technologies, a global leader in delivering total process solutions for advanced photonics and microelectronic device packaging, announced today that its Palomar 3880-II Die Bonder was recognized among the best by the 2022 Military + Aerospace Electronics Innovators Awards. An esteemed and experienced panel of judges from the aerospace and defense community recognized Palomar Technologies as a Gold honoree.
“On behalf of the Military + Aerospace Electronics Innovators Awards, I would like to congratulate Palomar Technologies on their Gold–level honoree status,” said Military + Aerospace Electronics Editor in Chief John Keller. “This competitive program allows Military + Aerospace Electronics to celebrate and recognize the most innovative products impacting the aerospace and defense community this year.”
“We are especially pleased with this honor as the defense industry has been a backbone for Palomar since our founding as a technology division for Hughes Aircraft,” said Kyle Schaefer, Product Marketing Manager for Palomar Technologies. “Our customers have long enjoyed the steadfast performance of the 3800-series of die bonders and the 3880-II by far offers the most significant technology upgrade in years.”
The new Palomar 3880-II die bonder was launched at the end of 2021 and is based on Palomar’s proven 3880 die bonder design but includes options to even further maximize productivity, reduce programming time by up to 95% and improve the overall bonder productivity. Users of the 3880-II can expect the same unparalleled flexibility in the 3880-II with support for eutectic, epoxy, solder paste, inspection, tracking, sorting, all in one machine that can continually scale up in automation and volume.
The Palomar 3880-II Die Bonder maximizes productivity with a number of improvements, including:
- Support for rapid process development that minimizes gaps in production caused by maintenance, calibrations, and process set-ups.
- Simultaneously supports multiple types of processes, automation equipment and custom systems with all equipment installed in one large work envelope.
- A new tool changer providing automated access to nearly unlimited tools.
- Palomar’s Vision Standardization™ software that calibrates images between different Palomar bonding systems, dramatically eliminating the time and cost associated with maintaining programs across multiple systems and numerous programs on a system over time.
- A smart tray feeder that saves space for high mix, highly complex environments that can present up to 180 unique components simultaneously.
- A new contactless height measurement for quick and precise height measurement.
- Improved force range with both precision low forces and robust forces up to 5kg
Additionally, the 3880-II can reduce programming time by up to 95% with:
- Simplified process creation for even the most complex assemblies with offline programming to import data from CAD designs.
- Expedited program creation through easy to use software with simple component source location definitions.
- Support to utilize any previously defined data from across machines to quickly build up complex assemblies.
The highly flexible Palomar 3880-II is ideally suited for a range of markets and applications by providing a large work envelope with an open platform for hardware mounting. Typical applications for the Palomar 3880-II Die Bonder include:
- AOC - Active optical cable
- CMOS sensors
- GaN/GaAs MMIC
- HB/HP LED assembly
- HPLD (high power laser diode)
- Hybrid microcircuits
- Medical semiconductor & sensors
- MEMS / MOEMS
- Microwave modules
- Power electronics
- Quantum computing
- RF GaN 5G power amplifiers
- RF packages
- RF power amplifier
- VCSEL, PD, DFB Laser, Lens Attach
About Military + Aerospace Electronics
Military + Aerospace Electronics is the leading media resource serving program and project managers, engineering managers, and engineers involved in electronic and electro-optic design for military, space, and aviation applications. Military + Aerospace Electronics magazine delivers time-sensitive news, in-depth analyses, case studies, and real-world applications of new products, industry opinion, and the latest trends in the use of mil-spec, rugged and commercial off-the-shelf components, subsystems, and systems.
About Palomar Technologies
Palomar Technologies makes the connected world possible by delivering a Total Process Solution™ for advanced photonic and microelectronic device assembly processes utilized in today’s smart, connected devices. With a focus on flexibility, speed and accuracy, Palomar’s Total Process Solution includes Palomar die bonders, Palomar wire and wedge bonders, SST vacuum reflow systems, along with Innovation Centers for outsourced manufacturing and assembly, and Customer Support services, that together deliver improved quality and yield, reduced assembly times, and rapid ROI.
With its deep industry expertise, Palomar equips customers to become leaders in the development of complex, digital technologies that are the foundation of the connected world and the transmission of data generated by billions of connected devices. Palomar solutions are utilized by the world’s leading companies providing solutions for datacom, 5G, electric vehicle power modules, autonomous vehicles/LiDAR, enhanced mobile broadband, Internet of Things, SMART technology, and mission-critical services.
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Palomar offers global sales, service and application support from its offices in the USA, Germany, Singapore, and China. For more information, visit: http://www.palomartechnologies.com
Global Corporate Communications Director