The importance of automobile maintenance and tune-up is analogous to wire and die bonder maintenance. Proper maintenance and tuning of your car helps reduce downtime and ensures everything operates correctly. Preventative maintenance is an important task to properly maintain the bonder and ensure the bonder meets all factory specifications.
Proper preventative maintenance for bonders includes:
- Cleaning and lubrication
- Cleaning of optics
- Inspection and replacement of common wear components (this is important to improve bonder uptime; replacing specific common wear components before they fail reduces the bonder downtime)
- Diagnostic measurements and adjustments (if required) of key performance criteria to factory specifications.
- Full system calibrations to ensure bonder performance meets factory specifications
Capital equipment investments will reach and maintain maximum production value through the implementation of bonder best practices. Palomar Technologies is committed to extending the longevity and maintaining peak performance capabilities of all systems that leave our factory. Here are some ways that we can assist with preventative maintenance:
- Enroll in Bonder Boot Camp Training Sessions – To continue production at your bonder’s maximum performance capabilities, take advantage of offered training courses led by Palomar Technologies bonder experts, covering system operations, programming and proper maintenance.
- Maintain a Service Contract – Benefits of annual service contracts include three yearly preventive maintenance (PM) visits, emergency service calls with in-house bonder experts, discounted spare parts, priority overnight shipping of spare parts and bonder software updates (as needed). Annual service contracts are available to cover Field Services support visits once the first-year warranty expires.
- Utilize a Field Service Engineer – Even without a service contract, a Field Service Engineer can be sent to your facility via a “service call” and perform preventative maintenance.
- Upgrade to the Latest Software and Hardware – Outdated bonder software hinders the ability to run production at maximum capacity and accuracy, and may limit your eligibility for Field Services support. Ensure your production is running with the most recent software programs through a Bonder Performance Upgrade (BPU).
- PC Backup and Recovery – PTI PC Backup and Recovery is a proven safety net for production computer data should there be a program-based data corruption or loss. The PTI PC Backup and Recovery hardware system will reinstall all software and program data to have your bonder up and running within minutes. Investing in the PTI PC Backup and Recovery is nominal in comparison to the potential financial losses associated with disrupted production by limiting downtime to mere hours rather than days or weeks.
Work with a Process Development Consultant – PDCs are your in-house resource to develop or optimize your production processes on your Palomar systems. PDCs are specially trained Palomar Technologies engineers with a complete knowledge of equipment, application processes and materials required to increase yield, throughput and equipment performance.
- Ask Questions. Reach Out to Palomar Customer Services – Palomar Technologies is committed to a strong partnership with your organization and is available to provide applications advice, industry insight and expertise to improve your bonding capabilities. Enroll in a Bonder Boot Camp maintenance or applications training sessions to sharpen your skill set to increase yields in a comprehensive and hands-on course.
Director, Global Customer Service
Palomar Technologies, Inc.