Have your engineers ever encountered challenges with locating parts while working with a die or wire bond application? This can be a tedious and time consuming process. Increasing efficiency and reducing costs are major goals for any organization.
VisionPilot® utilizes advanced geometric pattern matching technology to reliably and accurately locate parts. Even under the most challenging conditions, this exclusive Palomar Technologies software can significantly reduce or eliminate fixturing requirements and cost. For locating parts or features, VisionPilot provides the maximum referencing yield and reliability available in a vision system. VisionPilot is not only available for die bonding, but now is also available for wire bonding.
Die Attach Assembly Sequence
- Find the package so we know where to PLACE die. Reference the challenging package fiducial locations.
- Find randomly oriented die type 1 so we know where to PICK. PICK die type 1 and then align the die above the proper package place location and PLACE.
- Repeat step 2 until all die are populated into the package.
Wire Bond Assembly Sequence (Using the package which was already die bonded)
- Find the package so we know where to BOND wire onto the package side. Referencing the challenging fiducial locations same as the die bonder.
- Find the properly oriented die type 1 so we know where to bond wires onto the die. These die are no longer randomly oriented since that problem was already solved at the die bonder assembly.
- Bond wires from the die to the package.
- Repeat step 2 until all die are wire bonded.
Alternate Reference and Reference Parts
Both die and wire bond face similar challenges when referencing the package. Die attach faces an extra challenge in needing to reference components which are presented in random orientations. Wire bond faces extra challenges in needing to reference components such as feed-through pins or components that have epoxy or solder around them.
|Substrate Reference||Thick-Film Fiducial||
Alternate Reference will automatically try another reference for a part if necessary. Alternate parts allow a program to contain die from alternate suppliers to be in the same program, including the separate wiring if necessary. The program will automatically detect the part using vision and then wire it. Alternate parts can have alternate references within the part.
The Benefits of VisionPilot for Wire Bond include:
- Finds images at +/- 180° compared to +/- 7° for auto correlation
- Less light sensitive
- Less sensitive to part variations
For more information on VisionPilot, download the data sheet:
Marketing Communications Manager
Palomar Technologies, Inc.