Palomar Technologies, Inc. is a leading supplier of solutions for microelectronic and optoelectronic packaging, and experts in the design and operation of precision wire bonding and high accuracy component placement systems. Palomar's award winning automated high-precision assembly systems enable customers to increase yield and reduce costs in the manufacturing of LED, optoelectronic, solar, RF, and microelectronic packages in the photonic, wireless, microwave, automotive, aerospace, defense, medical, and life sciences industries. Palomar’s experience with design, engineering, prototyping, assembly, automation, and metrology takes its customers from concept up to and into production. Customers consistently demonstrate the viability of their new products by developing prototypes with Palomar’s systems and processes needed for high volume manufacturing.
This position is based in Palomar Technologies, Inc. Global Headquarters.
Successful candidate will have 0-5 years of experience in an engineering environment including experience in system verification\validation and hands-on troubleshooting of complex electromechanical capital equipment. Duties will include the development and execution of test plans to verify design intent and validate end-user satisfaction. In addition, the role will be responsible for design-requirements definition and documentation for manufacturability
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under general direction, independently solve problems and implement solutions in an engineering and production environment
- Perform first-article evaluation of mechanical and electrical assemblies/systems
- Create and release production-level documentation for assembly, setup, test/validation and maintenance of subassemblies and systems
- Analyze and summarize data collected in Systems Engineering tasks. These analyses are used to drive design decisions
- Test, validate and characterize motion control systems
- Act as engineering liaison with operations during the transition from product development to production
- Troubleshoot electromechanical problems that arise in engineering and production builds
- Train technicians, as needed, to maintain standards of quality in electromechanical assembly
- Negotiate use of time and resources with outside groups, to meet target handoff dates
- Support Palomar groups (Assembly Services, Operations, and Field Service), as needed
Education & Experience Desired:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a G.P.A. of 3.0 or better
- 0-5 of related experience working in an engineering environment
- Familiarity with hand and power tools, with an ability to perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting to determine Root Cause
- Skilled in the use of engineering CAD\numerical analysis software (preferred)
- Experience with wire or die bonding (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal people skills, in group or one on one.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Thorough, accurate, and efficient
- Strong personal time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
Palomar Technologies offers an attractive salary and benefits package including 401(k) with employer matching, medical, dental, vision, and education reimbursement. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required. No relocation is available for this position.
If you are interested in this position, please email HR at email@example.com.