Palomar Technologies, Inc. is the world-leading supplier of advanced micro-optoelectronic packaging systems and services. Our culture is built on excellence, teamwork and winning.
We are interested in individuals with high integrity, great enthusiasm, a track record of commitment and performance, outstanding personal character, out of the box thinking, ability to follow through on tasks, sense of accountability and willingness to learn and grow.
This position is based in Palomar Technologies, Inc. Global Headquarters.
Successful candidate will have 0-5 years of experience in an engineering environment including experience in system verification\validation and hands-on troubleshooting of complex electromechanical capital equipment. Duties will include the development and execution of test plans to verify design intent and validate end-user satisfaction. In addition, the role will be responsible for design-requirements definition and documentation for manufacturability
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under general direction, independently solve problems and implement solutions in an engineering and production environment
- Perform first-article evaluation of mechanical and electrical assemblies/systems
- Create and release production-level documentation for assembly, setup, test/validation and maintenance of subassemblies and systems
- Analyze and summarize data collected in Systems Engineering tasks. These analyses are used to drive design decisions
- Test, validate and characterize motion control systems
- Act as engineering liaison with operations during the transition from product development to production
- Troubleshoot electromechanical problems that arise in engineering and production builds
- Train technicians, as needed, to maintain standards of quality in electromechanical assembly
- Negotiate use of time and resources with outside groups, to meet target handoff dates
- Support Palomar groups (Assembly Services, Operations, and Field Service), as needed
Education & Experience Desired:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a G.P.A. of 3.0 or better
- 0-5 of related experience working in an engineering environment
- Familiarity with hand and power tools, with an ability to perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting to determine Root Cause
- Skilled in the use of engineering CAD\numerical analysis software (preferred)
- Experience with wire or die bonding (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal people skills, in group or one on one.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Thorough, accurate, and efficient
- Strong personal time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
Palomar Technologies offers an attractive salary and benefits package including 401(k) with employer matching, medical, dental, vision, and education reimbursement. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required. No relocation is available for this position.
If you are interested in this position, please email HR at email@example.com.