Palomar Technologies, Inc. helps make the connected world possible. We are a world-leading supplier of advanced microelectronic and photonic packaging systems and services used to create the connected world we live in today and envision for tomorrow. Our customers are leaders in their fields of 5G, laser-based products, self-driving cars, LiDAR and more. Our culture is built on excellence, teamwork and winning.
We are interested in individuals with high integrity, great enthusiasm, a track record of commitment and performance, outstanding personal character, out of the box thinking, ability to follow through on tasks, sense of accountability and willingness to learn and grow.
Palomar currently has a career opportunity for an IT Support Specialist.
Successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in troubleshooting and resolving IT related problems within our corporate headquarters as well as remote sites.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk by following established routing and workflow procedures
- Maintain record of all helpdesk tickets with up to date information on ticket progress.
- Elevate complex issues/problems to appropriate resources, including third-party vendors, track progress, follow up as required to ensure timely resolution
- Configure and install new or replacement PCs, laptops, network printers, and scanners
- Imaging & re-imaging laptops and PC’s
- Contact hardware vendors for warranty replacement/repair
- Troubleshoot and correct problems either through onsite clinic visits or remote access
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, organizational, and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Excellent service demeanor to support the technical needs of a user group with minimal technical knowledge
- Ability to learn new concepts and adapt to change quickly
- Full understanding of MS Office Suite, notebooks, desktops, and printers support.
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, Wireless)
- Knowledge of Windows systems (Windows 8, 10)
- Minimum 2 year of helpdesk or technical support experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to effectively troubleshoot issues remotely
- Ability to lift desktops, laptops, monitors, printers and other IT related equipment.
- Candidate must be motivated and a self-starter
Experience & Education:
- 2 plus years of help desk or technical support experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- A+ or any technical certifications a plus
- Experience supporting Apple products
- Knowledge of Windows Servers, Exchange and Windows Active Directory
- Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V
- Knowledge of firewalls, routers and remote access a plus
Palomar Technologies offers an attractive salary and benefits package including 401(k) with employer matching, medical, dental, vision, and education reimbursement. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required. No relocation is available for this position.
If you are interested in this position, please email HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.