Palomar Technologies is a leading supplier of high precision capital equipment for microelectronic and photonic component assembly. Palomar is uniquely positioned to supply the technology that is helping to enable the automation of the high-precision assembly processes required to make these components. The Company provides expert precision automation solutions for broadband, life sciences, defense and other related industries.
Palomar currently has a career opportunity for a Field Service Engineer in the San Diego/Orange County area with knowledge of die attach and wire bonding and vacuum reflow systems a plus.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and training on our electro-mechanical robotic equipment and vacuum systems at various locations throughout the US, with some international travel. Essential characteristics include high level of customer service, written/oral communication skills, and have the ability to work independently. This engineering technician role will also support SST Vacuum Reflow Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary.
Field Engineers will be based out of their home and typically travel Monday through Friday. Some weekend stays are necessary at times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Able to perform installation and repair of equipment at customer's facility.
- Provide training to customer on equipment
- Ability to bend stainless steel/copper tubing using tube bender and possess knowledge of plumbing on a pressure/vacuum vessel
- Perform machine start up and testing
- Good understanding of MS Office products, including MS Project
- Understanding of digital/analog circuitry
- Thorough understanding of intricate mechanical adjustments and computer repair
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and presentation
- Knowledge of die attach and wire bonding
- Understanding of single/three phase power
- Skilled in interpreting mechanical, electrical and pneumatic drawings, diagrams, and schematics.
- Skilled in the use of basic hand and power tools, especially wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, cutting tools, measuring tools, drills, and grinders.
- Ability to read electrical/pneumatic diagrams
- Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting; including use of a digital multi-meter AC/DC voltage/current
- Understanding of basic theory of vacuum/pressure and unit of measurement
- Ability to clearly explain problems and solutions to the customer
Education and Experience Desired:
- AA/AS in electronics technology or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in troubleshooting and repair of electro-mechanical systems ideal
- Experience working with automated equipment and processes
- Specific experience with electronic packaging equipment such as epoxy dispensers, wire bonders, die bonders a plus
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Some international travel required
- Domestic travel a MUST
- Must have current driver’s and passport
Palomar Technologies offers an attractive salary and benefits package including 401 (k) with employer matching, medical, dental, vision, coverage and education reimbursement. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
If you are interested in this position, please email HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.