Palomar Technologies, Inc. is the world-leading supplier of advanced micro-optoelectronic packaging systems and services. Our culture is built on excellence, teamwork and winning.
We are interested in individuals with high integrity, great enthusiasm, a track record of commitment and performance, outstanding personal character, out of the box thinking, ability to follow through on tasks, sense of accountability and willingness to learn and grow.
This position is based in Palomar Technologies, Inc. Global Headquarters.
Applications engineers at Palomar develop expert skills in utilizing Palomar equipment to process customer materials for high precision micro-electro-optical packaging requirements primarily using die bond, wire bond, and epoxy dispensing equipment and the associated consumable materials.
Applications engineering’s primary assignments include equipment demos, feasibility studies, and buy-offs. Other duties include advancing process capabilities through support of road map projects for new processes and/or equipment or products.
Applications engineers help customers by providing in-depth technical knowledge relating to their products in pre-sales and post-sales roles. Pre-sales support provides assurance to the potential client that the product/application development is a fit for client requirements. Post-sales support assists the customer with application development concerns and questions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and document customer requirements and estimate assembly performance prior to feasibility studies.
- Perform and document customer feasibility studies
- Perform live customer demos on Palomar equipment
- Perform and document evaluations of new system features and new processes
- Support Sales for understanding customer requirements (by both personally understanding and by ensuring they understand the features and benefits our products and services provided and to be able to clearly communicate these benefits.)
- Support for development of buy-off Acceptance Test Procedures with Program Management
- Execute customer buy-off Acceptance Test Procedures with the customer at Palomar and at the customer site.
- Provide applications technical support for customers; customer training; cross training of peers.
- Document and develop complex wire bond and/or die bond processes
- Project a professional face to the Customer in all circumstances, including demonstrations, communications, reports, etc.
- Goal oriented self starter with a sense of urgency.
- Work well alone and in a team environment.
- Good people skills; especially with customers.
- Good lab notebook skills for recording experimental results and documenting for learning and reproduction.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good system level trouble shooting skills for semiconductor packaging processes and the ability to separate out between man, machine, or material issues.
- Thorough, accuracy, and efficiency
- Ability to draft clear and concise application reports and technical papers
- Proficiency in MS Office
Process coursework and lab experience with background in microelectronic packaging, specifically in wire bonding and die bonding (5um and 10um placement accuracy eutectic and epoxy). Technical customer interface; technical writing background; production support in a clean-room environment; work related travel; computer skills (ie: Word, Excel)
Knowledge of wire and die bonding equipment; upstream and downstream processes; process development; SPC; DOE; metrology equipment operation (ie: SEM, SAM, Automated Optical Inspection.); clean room set-up and controls; microelectronic manufacturing standards (ie: SEMI, Mil-Std., JEDEC, SMEMA); IPC; microelectronic packaging materials; electronics assembly marketplace.
BS or MS in engineering or equivalent
10-20% US and Int’l travel. Passport and current driver’s license required. Must possess a credit card or have the ability to obtain a credit card for travel purposes.
Palomar Technologies offers an attractive salary and benefits package including 401(k) with employer matching, medical, dental, vision, and education reimbursement. Palomar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required. No relocation is available for this position.
If you are interested in this position, please email HR at email@example.com.