6500 Die Bonder Overview
The 6500 Die Bonder is designed for high-speed, fully automated precision component assembly and offers extraordinary micron-level placement accuracy for photonic, wireless and medical applications.
This eutectic die bonder is designed for fully automatic precision component assembly with 1.5µm placement accuracy (application dependent), making component assembly practical and cost effective.
A specialized configuration of the 6500 Die Bonder for wafer scale packaging eutectic die bonding is an available option.
6500 Die Bonder OptionsClick to see more 6500 Die Bonder equipment options
Watch the Video
Component Placement Applications
- AuSi eutectic scrub
- AuSn eutectic solder attach
- PbSn perform
- High-accuracy placement of optical components
- High-precision component attach using Ag epoxy
- P-Side Down Laser Attach
Wafer Scale Packaging (WSP)
Wafer Scale Packaging (WSP) eutectic die attach on the 6500 Die Bonder provides customers with a complete microelectronic solution for P-side down laser diode attachment (die-to-wafer), pulsed heat pick tool for 80/20 Au/Sn pulsed reflow attachment, wafer stage with steady state heating, and waffle or gel pack presentation of laser diode applications.
The 6500 Die Bonder for eutectic wafer scale packaging was designed specifically for fully automatic, high-speed, precision P-Side down laser die-to-wafer eutectic assembly.
High-Accuracy Pattern Recognition
An advanced Cognex pattern recognition system uses the lookdown camera to locate the wafer substrate locations and Laser N-side, and enables multiple alignment algorithms including area, point, and edge alignment. This system includes auto focusing with programmable on- and off-axis lighting systems to maximize contrast and accuracy in component placement.
Operating in a true Microsoft Windows Pro-based environment, the wafer scale packaging eutectic 6500 Die Bonder brings unparalleled software flexibility, power, and ease of use to precision hybrid component assembly. The user-friendly interface assists in bonding setup, operation, diagnostics, and calibration.
Wafer Scale Packaging Features
- Post-process accuracies of 3 micron, 3 sigma for the front laser edge and strip position
- Integrated lookup camera with laser stripe and laser edge alignment algorithm
- Ultra-high accuracy eutectic cycle times less than 35 seconds including the in-situ heat and cool cycle for each laser diode
- Single pulsed heat tool optimized for specific die size and desired heat profile for processes such as P-side down laser attach
- Palomar Technologies' latest generation integrated pulsed heat profile controller with programmable profiles and performance tracking
- Automatic wafer and laser diode loading (optional)