Carlsbad, CA – July 7, 2011 – Palomar Technologies, the world-leading provider of precision microelectronics and optoelectronic packaging systems, today announced that it will exhibit at SEMICON West 2011 in San Francisco, CA from July 12-14 in booth #5780.
“Palomar Technologies has been a 35-year SEMICON West exhibitor,” states Bruce Hueners, president and CEO of Palomar Technologies. “Our teams are looking forward to discussing product advancements and microelectronic packaging solutions to a high-caliber and captive audience—it is through this environment that the real-life challenges of microelectronic assembly services are met.”
The 3800 Die Bonder—the fully automated and ultra-flexible component placement system capable of a placement accuracy of +/- 7 microns and repeatability of 3.5 micron at 3 sigma—was recently awarded the 2011 New Product Introduction Award for its efficiency and versatility to perform such processes as AuSi/AuSn eutectic attach. Current owners of 3500-III Die Bonders have the opportunity to trade in their system for substantial credit towards the 3800 Die Bonder through Palomar Technologies’ Bonder Buy-Back Program.
The Bonder Buy-Back Program offers engineering support for a seamless transition of production programs to the latest in automated die attach systems. The 3800 Die Bonder expands on the proven technology of ultra-high-accuracy die bonder series, backed by decades of industry expertise and evidenced by performance in demanding production facilities worldwide at better than 90% uptime.
At a Glance: Ultra-Flexible 3800 Die Bonder
- Winner—2010 Global Technology Award
- Winner—2011 New Product Introduction Award
- Latest technology with advancements in mechanics, software and ergonomic technologies
- Increased precision and accuracy (+/-7um)
- Process camera for live view of pick tool
- User-friendly GUI
- Integrated Pulsed Heat System client for high-precision eutectic die attach into centralized bonder control system
- 3500-III programs portable to 3800—seamless transition into production
- Increased speed for improvements in throughput and yield (application dependent)
- Quiet high-speed linear motors
- Familiar large work envelope (35.5” x 20”)
About Palomar Technologies
Palomar Technologies, a former subsidiary of Hughes Aircraft, is the global leader of automated high-accuracy, large work area die attach and wire bond equipment and precision contract assembly services. Customers utilize the products, services and solutions from Palomar Technologies to meet their needs for optoelectronic packaging, complex hybrid assembly and micron-level component attachment. For more information, visit www.palomartechnologies.com.